Regular jogging gives a better physical condition and other health benefits. Jogging also gives physical and mental pleasure.
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF JOGGING
Jogging regularly has a clear good effect on general health, provided it is not exaggerated. The effects are:
* Jogging makes the heart stronger. It increases the capacity of the blood circulation and the respiratory system.
* It speeds up the digestive system and helps you get rid of digestive trouble.
* It counteracts depression.
* It increases the capacity to work and live an active life.
* Jogging burns fat and helps against obesity.
* If you suffer from poor appetite, jogging will improve your appetite.
* Jogging will strengthen the muscles of your legs, hips, and back. But you don’t get big muscles from jogging.
* Jogging makes you sleep better.
THE PLEASURE OF JOGGING
Jogging gives you physical and mental joy, as long as you don’t exhaust yourself. When jogging is done properly, you will feel less tired when you finish a tour than before you started. You get nice feelings in your muscles during jogging and afterward.
You feel the wind blowing around you. You can hear the birds singing, the music of running water in the streams, or the sound of the waves storming towards the seashore. During jogging, you also get a euphoric mental feeling after a while.
CLOTHING AND SHOES
The type of clothing you wash should be suitable for the weather conditions. In warm weather, a pair of shorts and a t-shirt will do. However, it may be useful to carry an extra piece of clothing in a light backpack if you are traveling along the route, in case the weather gets worse. In colder weather, you should add more layers of clothing. In either case, the requirements for the clothes are:
You should use light and soft clothing without sharp sutures, hard edges, or solid folds. They should be quite close to your body, but not so close that you feel squeezed, pinched or your movements obstructed.
Clothing should provide good ventilation for moisture and sweat and perspiration through the fabric. Ideally, the fabric should keep water out completely, but this requirement is difficult to achieve along with the requirement for good ventilation.
You should use fairly soft shoes, but with a good shape that matches the anatomical shape of your feet. The soles should bend easily during the normal movements of the feet, but support well against the ground. The underside of the sole should provide friction against any type of surface so that you don’t slip while jogging. The soles must be able to withstand any impact from the ground.
JOGGING TRACKS AND SESSIONS
Jogging can be done in many ways
* Long distance jogging 6-20 km at moderate speed on even roads or paths.
* Short distance jogging 3-6 km at high speed.
* Jog upwards in a steep terrain 3-4 km at a speed appropriate for the steep terrain.
* Jogging in hilly terrain with paths that go both up and down 4-8 km.
It is advisable to vary the type of jogging from day today. Then jogging becomes funnier and you get a variable type of training.
HOW TO PERFORM A JOGGING SESSION
You have to move the first few hundred meters slowly and with little effort to warm up your muscles. Then you gradually increase your muscle strength and speed. When you have completed half the route, you can take a fast sprint, using most of your capacity. If the route is long enough, you can take two or three spurts with almost full capacity. In the last hundred meters, you slow down gradually again.
STRETCHING YOUR BODY BEFORE AND AFTER EACH SESSION
It is advisable to stretch both before and after each jogging session, and not only the muscles in your feet, but your whole body 2 minutes before and 3-4 minutes after the session. When stretching, do the following movements:
* Bend over and touch your toes.
* Kneel on one of your feet, stretching the other back.
* Bend your body to both sides.
* Stretch out one arm, grab something, and turn your body around so that your arm is bent backward.
* Shoot your belly forward so that your spine is stretched in a bow.
* Put your hands behind your neck and stretch your arms backward. Then turn your body to the left and right, bend to each side as well.
After jogging it is sometimes best to wait a few minutes before stretching out so that the worst fatigue is gone first.
WHEN AND HOW OFTEN
If jogging is the only sports activity being done, a jogging session every two days is ideal. This is enough to provide all the health benefits and gradually improve your condition and stamina, but without tiring yourself. If you combine jogging with other sports activities, 2 times a week may suffice.
You should not be too hungry for jogging, but it is not recommended to go jogging immediately after a large meal. The time of day does not matter, but your jogging should not be the first thing you do in the morning.
HOW TO START
If you are not used to exercising before starting jogging, it is advisable to consult a doctor before starting. You may have health problems that are not compatible with jogging, or that you should take into account when jogging.
The first time you jog, you should only jog on normal ground and only for 10 minutes. After that, you can increase the time, distance, and speed and choose steeper and more difficult paths.
Thank you for reading please don’t forget to share this article with your friends